IUG is an independent, non-profit academic institution established in 1978 and supervised by the Ministry of Higher Education. It is a member of four associations: Association of Arab Universities, Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World, Community of Mediterranean Universities, and International Association of Universities. In addition, IUG works closely with numerous universities around the world.
IUG is a home to the well-planned programs, a way to the different community levels and a place for researchers and good teachers. It has a well-equipped and staffed service for the administration of international projects that provides all the necessary technical and administrational support.
"A beacon of knowledge, culture and human services that seeks to create a comprehensive social revival"
IUG is an academic institution that strives to raise the educational, cultural and civilization levels in the Palestinian society, to keep up with current trends in higher education and technology advancements, to encourage scientific research, and to contribute in building future generations and developing the society in a framework of Islamic values.
- To raise the levels of educational programs based on quality standards
- To develop, support and invest in scientific research tin order to achieve continual development
- To strengthen the university's role in serving and developing the society
- To regulate and raise the efficiency of technical and administrative institutional performance
- To improve the university environment and the level of services presented to students and staff
- To reinforce partnership and cooperative relationships with local, regional and international organizations.
Academic Programs and Curricula:
IUG keeps up with the global civilization, humanistic contribution and scientific and technological achievements; therefore, it constantly strives to modernize its curriculums to ensure that they are up-to-date with the scientific advancements in all fields of knowledge. IUG adopts a culture that calls for creativity, innovation and development.
The university is a vibrant community of more than 20,000 students and about 600 academic staff members, comprising 11 major faculties: Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Nursing, Science, Health Sciences, Commerce, Education, Arts, Sharea and Law and Usoul- Eldeen.
Dr. Rawia Awadallah
Dr. Anwar Awadallah
Prof. Dr. Samir Afifi
Dr. Iyal Alagha